Decluttering and cleaning the office should be part and parcel of your program, and it has more advantages than you imagine. The office space is sacred and should be kept clean always for a good customer experience. This space accumulates a lot of dirt with time, from floor crumbs to coffee stains, and you should incorporate certain cleaning techniques to keep it in its best state.
Many reasons make business setups want clean office spaces, besides attracting more clientele. A clean office is more appealing and fosters good work relationships. Below we discuss how to clean your office and the areas that need extra cleaning.
- Organize Loose Documents
This is the first step in improving your office’s appearance. Piled paperwork makes the office look messy and makes it challenging to refer to certain documents in an emergency. It will help to organize these files using the following ways;
- Buy filing cabinets to store work orders, invoices, and client profiles. Also, label these documents depending on their specific use and keep them away when cleaning.
- Use desktop trays if you must have particular documents at hand for reference. These trays are ideal for storing open customer files and bills to be cleared.
- Scan files and save them electronically to save space.
- Clean the Restrooms
Disinfecting the washrooms is essential for a clean organizational office and keeps the employees and clients safe from diseases. Restrooms receive high traffic daily and should be cleaned often.
Kindly use the following guide;
- Scrub the bowls using a toilet brush and a disinfectant and maintain freshness using deodorizing cakes
- Mop and sweep the floors
- Refill soap dispensers in time
- Wipe the counter areas well.
- Keep the Electric Gadget Dust-Free
You can achieve this by using blast dust and duster as they reach fans and vents. Electronic gadgets should be cleaned using a moistened soft rug for the best effect. The break room also receives high traffic, and companies should always strive to keep it clean.
Food and staff drinks are prepared here, explaining why this room should be kept clean. Remember, a clean break room promotes employee morale and has many other benefits. The best way to achieve this is by;
- Keep the fridge organized and clean; all spoiled food should be thrown away in time, and the fridge’s interior should be cleaned using a disinfectant.
- Spray tables and countertops using high-quality disinfectants
- Clean the microwave’s interior every day since food residues can become hard with time
- Wash the dish towels and hands frequently
- Clean your dish drainer daily and other important dishes to prevent mildew.
- Make the Public Space Presentable
The public area is important in a business setup, and you should always keep it presentable. As stated above, a clean area plays a significant role in attracting and retaining clients. Kindly consider the following tips;
- Wipe the walls to remove all marks
- Vacuum the floor and clean it appropriately
- Dust shelves and furniture.
The office is a sacred space, and many things must be considered to ensure it is a haven. The above article has discussed how to clean your office, and more information is available online.